VIRTUAL SINGER-SONGWRITER CAMP
SING, CREATE & PERFORM
Ages: 12 & Up
Dates: July 19-23.
Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Size: Maximum of 4 students
Teacher: Shelby Lynn
Equipment: Writing utensil, journal and chordal instrument i.e. keyboard, guitar or ukulele.
No previous training required.
Love to sing? Have the dream to perform? Make new friends, discover new interests, build confidence, and have lots of fun while learning about singing, performance, songwriting and recording.
Students will explore singing from the perspectives of both creators and performers.
- Students learn how to use a journal and gem pages for their ideas that are keepers.
- The concept of object writing using stream of consciousness.
- How to add the five senses to their writing.
- How to add the who, what, why, where and when to their writing.
- How to create similes and metaphors.
- Perspective and point of view.
- Rhythm, rhyme and productive repetition.
- Song structure.
- Musical triads on scale degrees, chord progressions and chord value.
- Optional Craft Assignment: Design cover art for their original song.
- Students will write and complete an original song and perform the original song on the last day of camp (optional).