CALL TODAY: 416.234.9268
(Covid-19 health information)
A pivotal instrument in musical history, the Saxophone has been utilized in rock music to the popular dance music of today. Big names such as Pink Floyd,
Kendrick Lamar, and John Coltrane have been able to bend the flexible sound of the saxophone to fit their style. With lessons from The Music Studio, so can you!
Helping beginners to enthusiasts, our woodwind teachers have extensive backgrounds in theory and performance to aid in the development of your saxophone
playing. Progressing your skills beyond the basics, you will be able to interpret and freestyle solos like the greats of yesterday and today.
The Music Studio has created a mixture of practical skills, such as sight reading and scales exercises, as well as performance
abilities to keep learning exciting and enjoyable for all students.
What Saxophone Students Will Learn:
- Proper sound production, including building a good embouchure, breath control, and posture.
- Tone control over the full range of the instrument.
- Various accurate tonguing/articulation types.
- Building accurate and agile finger technique over the full range of the instrument.
- Even and accurate playing facility in all keys.
- Good sight reading skills.
- Advanced musical interpretation in all styles.
- Improvisational skills and learning to play by ear.
My sons both take lessons at The Music Studio and we are very much impressed at the level of expertise and professionalism of the musicians
who teach them. They are both preparing for music exams at a comfortable pace, while continuing to learn fun, contemporary and popular pieces along the way.
Communication with their teachers is always open and consistent. The Music Studio has fostered their love for music and has provided them with unique musical
experiences that we haven’t found elsewhere, like the opportunity to perform in front of live audiences in different venues and settings.