Private Instruction Registration Information
Students may register for private instruction at any time during the year. There is no registration fee for any of The Music Studio's programs. Your private lesson teacher will contact you to answer any questions you may have about your lessons. He or she will also arrange a convenient lesson time for you. Day and evening lesson times are available.
Private Lesson Fees
Monthly fees are charged based on the following rates and vary according to the number of teaching days in each month:
30 minute private lessons - $31.00 per lesson.
45 minute private lessons - $46.50 per lesson.
60 minute private lessons - $62.00 per lesson.
Lesson fees are prorated for new students who begin their lessons part way through a month. New students may initially pay for one month of lessons.
Payment Options for Private Lessons
- Cheque - Post-dated cheques dated for the first day of each month within a session are due at your first lesson of each session. Cheques are payable to your teacher.
- PayPal - Pay with Visa or MasterCard by either:
- Email Invoice - You will receive an email invoice from The Music Studio one week prior to your next month of lessons which is due upon receipt.
Virtual Terminal - The Music Studio will charge your credit card on the first
day of each month for your weekly lessons in that month. To pay using Virtual Terminal,
you must provide The Music Studio with your credit card information at registration.
Please contact The Music Studio if you wish to pay using PayPal.
- Monthly payments by cash or cheque may be accepted but must be arranged at the time of registration. Please see payment schedule
Payment Security: All post-dated cheques and credit card information is kept secure at all times. PayPal uses the highest level of commercially available data encryption for all transactions.
See The Music Studio's Instrument Discount Program >>
Ensemble and Class Registration Information
Please refer to the Ensembles page, the Music In Motion Children's page, the Music Theatre page, the Theory, Harmony & History page or the Music Therapy - Connecting Through Music page for class times and fees. Contact The Music Studio to register.
- Each week within a given session of lessons is to be paid for.
- The Music Studio in Etobicoke (Toronto) has a 24-hour cancellation policy for private lessons. No make-up lesson will be given for lessons cancelled with less than 24-hours notice.
- Each student may re-schedule a maximum of two lessons per session (Fall/Winter, Winter/Spring and Summer) when those lessons are cancelled with 24-hours notice. Lessons cancelled beyond the per session maximum will be charged and no make-up lesson given.
- A missed lesson cannot be applied as a credit towards future lessons.
- All lessons cancelled by a student's teacher will be re-scheduled as a make-up lesson.
- Make-up lessons may be scheduled at any time until August 31st of each year.
- A student's lesson time cannot be guaranteed if he or she is absent for more than two weeks, unless payment has been received for the lessons to be missed.
- A student's lessons may be suspended if payment is not received in a timely manner.
- There is a $10.00 service charge for all NSF cheques.
How to Register
To register please contact us via phone: 416.234.9268 or using our online registration form. The online registration does not automatically register you but it will start the process and we'll contact you within 1 to 2 business days to complete the registration.
A make-up class will only be scheduled if a class is cancelled by your teacher. You will not receive a credit for a missed class.
Refunds for private and class instruction are given with one week's notice to your teacher. Any remaining post-dated cheques will be returned to you by your teacher.