Private Lessons In-Person & Online
The Music Studio offers a wide variety of private in-person and online instruction in Classical, Popular, Jazz and World Music for children and adults. You can begin your lessons at any time during the year.
Lessons for Children
Through your child’s fun and engaging results oriented lessons with their dedicated and nurturing teacher at The Music Studio, your child will develop confidence, commitment and problem solving skills while experiencing the joy of making music.
Your child has the opportunity to take centre stage and be the star as they share their music with family and friends at The Music Studio’s monthly concerts.
Choose from The Music Studio’s in-person, or live and interactive online lessons taught in a welcoming and professional learning environment.
Lessons for Adults
Your knowledgeable and friendly teacher at The Music Studio will help you progress at a pace that is comfortable for you. Your teacher at The Music Studio understands that as an adult student, finding time to practice can sometimes be difficult and will adapt your lessons accordingly.
Discover your passion for music while you benefit from the mental and emotional well-being promoted through music lessons with in-person, or live and interactive online lessons at The Music Studio.
Ed Lettner, owner of The Music Studio, contributed to an article in Best Health Magazine regarding the mental health benefits adults gain by learning a musical instrument. Read the article.
View more information about The Music Studio’s online lessons including screenshots of our online lessons and videos of students performing in The Music Studio’s Virtual Concerts.
Personalized private in-person and online instruction is offered for children and adults for:
Vocal, Piano, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Songwriting, Hand Drums, Flute, Saxophone, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn, Baritone, Tuba, Violin, Viola, Cello, Theory, Harmony, Music History, Music for Special Needs and Music for Seniors
View performance highlights from The Music Studio’s In-Person Recitals:
Recital - Vocal Performances - Part 1 | Recital - Vocal Performances - Part 2
Recital - Instrumental Performances Part 1 | Recital - Instrumental Performances Part 2 |
Recital - Instrumental Performances Part 3 | Recital - Instrumental Performances Part 4
The Music Studio is following all government health guidelines to provide a safe, in-person learning environment while ensuring that you receive a top quality learning experience. View The Music Studio’s Covid-19 Health Information.
Students at The Music Studio have many performance opportunities during the year. View the venues and events.
If you are involved in your school music program, your teacher at The Music Studio in Etobicoke (Toronto) will enhance the skills you are learning in class.
Students may register for private instruction at any time during a session with lessons being charged on a pro-rated basis. There is no registration fee for any of The Music Studio's programs. Your private lesson teacher will contact you to answer any questions you may have about your lessons. He or she will also arrange a convenient lesson time for you. Day and evening lesson times are available.
To register for lessons with one of our friendly and professional teachers or to receive more information, please contact us and we would be happy to answer your questions. You can also speak with your teacher before beginning your lessons.
The Music Studio's motto, "Instruction by Professionals" conveys the fact that we are dedicated to the teaching and performance of music. We received our training at respected universities and colleges and have gained performance experience in a variety of musical styles.
Your caring and supportive teacher at The Music Studio will ensure that you or your child progress at a comfortable pace while developing essential musical and creative skills and inspiring a passion for music.
The Music Studio has a high teacher retention rate which contributes to the quality and consistency of our programs. For more information, please visit the Teaching Staff page.
Private Lesson Fees
Monthly fees are charged based on the following rates and vary according to the number of lesson days in each month:
30 minute private lessons - $38.00 per lesson.
45 minute private lessons - $57.00 per lesson.
60 minute private lessons - $76.00 per lesson.
Lesson fees are prorated for new students who begin their lessons part way through a month. Please see The Music Studio's private lesson payment schedule.
Semi-private lessons are available for students of the same age and skill level. The fee for a 30 minute semi-private lesson is $57.00.
Payment Options for Private Lessons
- Cheque - Post-dated cheques dated for the first day of each month within a session are due at your first lesson of each session. Cheques are payable to your teacher.
- Interac e-Transfer - Payment is made directly to your teacher.
- Credit Card - The Music Studio will charge your credit card on the first day of each month for your weekly lessons in that month. To pay using automatic billing, you must provide The Music Studio with your credit card information at registration
- Monthly payments - Monthly, in-person, payments by cash, cheque or Interac e-Transfer may be accepted but must be arranged at the time of registration.
- Each week within a given session of lessons is to be paid for.
- The Music Studio in Etobicoke (Toronto) has a 24-hour cancellation policy for private lessons. No make-up lesson will be given for lessons cancelled with less than 24-hours notice.
- Each student may re-schedule a maximum of two lessons per session (Fall/Winter, Winter/Spring and Summer) when those lessons are cancelled with 24-hours notice. Lessons cancelled beyond the per session maximum will be charged and no make-up lesson given.
- A missed lesson cannot be applied as a credit towards future lessons.
- All lessons cancelled by a student's teacher will be re-scheduled as a make-up lesson.
- Make-up lessons may be scheduled at any time until August 31st of each year.
- A student's lesson time cannot be guaranteed if he or she is absent for more than two weeks, unless payment has been received for the lessons to be missed.
- A student's lessons may be suspended if payment is not received in a timely manner.
- There is a $10.00 service charge for all NSF cheques.
Refunds for private instruction are given with one week's notice to your teacher. Any remaining post-dated cheques will be returned to you.
Royal Conservatory of Music Examinations
For information regarding RCM examinations, visit www.rcmexaminations.org.