The Music Studio is thrilled to be the 1st music school in Ontario to offer this exciting new program.
Kidzrock is an acclaimed music program that teaches children how to play an instrument in the setting of a rock band. Students in Kidzrock rehearse and perform on drums, electric guitar and keyboards. Band members rotate on instruments as they learn the basics of each instrument in the rock band. Band members also sing and perform songs from the Kidzrock CD.
Kidzrock implements a color-coded note reading system allowing children immediate access to reading and playing an instrument. The Kidzrock song book is comprised of instrumental rock songs written specifically for the program. Kidzrock uses modified instruments allowing children as young as 4 to participate in the program.
If you are looking for music lessons for a young child this is the program for you! Instruments provided by The Music Studio.
What Your Child Will Learn In Kidzrock
- The basic mechanics of guitar, drums, and keyboards
- How to read and play notes on the treble and percussion clef
- Singing on pitch
- Musical dynamics
- Musical terminology
- How to play in a rock band
- How to rock out!
- Times: Monday 4:30 pm & 6:30 pm, Tuesday 3:45pm, Wednesday 4:30 pm & 5:15 pm, Thursday 6:30 pm, Saturday 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm
- Start Date: Register any time.
- Length: 45 minutes.
- Cost: 10 week session - $300
- Teacher: Shelby Lynn and Claire Lee
- All instruments provided for classes.
- Maximum of four children in each class.
- Concert at the end of each 10 week session.
- No need to purchase an instrument.
- Register for one session at a time.
- No home practice required.
I want my sons to love music and have fun making it. I enrolled them in Kidzrock so that they could learn how to play in an ensemble, be exposed to different instruments, and have a fun time making music with other kids. It worked! They are learning a lot and they love being in a "rock band”!
- Robert - Father of two boys in Kidzrock at The Music Studio