CALL TODAY: 416.234.9268
In-person & online FLUTE LESSONS FOR all ages & skill levels
(Covid-19 health information)
Whether you want to be the next Jethro Tull or Mozart, The Music Studio can get you on the right steps. Our lessons for all ages can help
advance your flute techniques and skills from being a beginner to being a master of your instrument.
Students will learn a myriad of flute abilities that will benefit any genre of playing. Helping to uncover the secrets of breath control,
tone, and fingering, The Music Studio’s comprehensive approach is suitable for all ages.
Beyond instrumental techniques, our teachers will help expand your knowledge of musical theory, sight reading, and scales to build a
foundation transferable to all instruments. As well, The Music Studio offers lessons to help prepare for solo performances, orchestral or jazz bands, and improvisation.
Extended Flute Techniques Students Will Learn:
- Proper sound production, including building a good embouchure, breath control, and posture.
- Tone control over the full range of the instrument.
- Various accurate tonguing/articulation types.
- Building accurate and agile finger technique over the full range of the instrument.
- Even and accurate playing facility in all keys.
- Good sight reading skills.
- Advanced musical interpretation in all styles.
- Improvisational skills and learning to play by ear.
My sons both take lessons at The Music Studio and we are very much impressed at the level of expertise and professionalism of the musicians
who teach them. They are both preparing for music exams at a comfortable pace, while continuing to learn fun, contemporary and popular pieces along the way.
Communication with their teachers is always open and consistent. The Music Studio has fostered their love for music and has provided them with unique musical
experiences that we haven’t found elsewhere, like the opportunity to perform in front of live audiences in different venues and settings.