Music Theatre Summer Camps
Experience the magic of Broadway at one of The Music Studio's Music Theatre Summer Camps!
- Instruction in: Singing, Acting, Dance and Movement, and Scene study.
- Final day performance.
- Shows may include: Oliver, South Pacific, The Little Mermaid, and Beauty and The Beast. (Shows will be chosen to best suit the students enrolled in each camp.)
- Personalized instruction for each student.
July 10 - July 14. Ages: 8 - 16 years.
Time: 9:00 am - 4:15 pm. Cost: $490
July 10 - July 14. Ages: 8 - 16 years.
Time: 12:30 pm - 4:15 pm. Cost: $255
Camp fee includes one private lesson with Stacie to prepare for the camp.
- Some previous musical experience is helpful but not required.
- Camp fee includes one private lesson with Stacie to prepare for the camp.
- No dance background required.
The Assembly Hall - Kipling Avenue at Lakeshore Blvd West.
- Easy TTC access.
- Beautiful arts centre in a park setting.
- Home of The Music Studio Recital.
- Stacie Carmona is a vocal teacher at The Music Studio.
- She has performed with the National Ballet Orchestra, the Canadian Opera Company Chorus & Boston Symphony Orchestra.
- Her performance highlights include Aida, Madama Butterfly and West Side Story.
"The children learn so much about themselves, their voices, and how to work as a team to produce a high quality performance. It is a camp that I would highly recommend." - Julie - Mother of theatresummer camp student.
To register for The Music Studio's 2016 Music Theatre Summer Camps, click here or call 416.234.9268.
Creative Arts Summer Camp
Children 4-6 years of age explore their creativity in The Music Studio's fun and educational Creative Arts Summer Camp!
When: July 11-15. 9:00 am - 4:15 pm.
There is a maximum of 12 children in the camp to ensure a fun, educational and safe experience for your child with lots of personal attention.
Explore the activities that will put a smile on your child's face.
- Each day is filled with songs for your child to enjoy & share.
- Children will sing & clap to music.
- They explore instruments such as shakers, xylophones & hand drums.
- Orff music concepts are taught.
Arts & Crafts
- Your child learns basic and fun art skills to create their very own masterpieces to bring home.
- Arts and crafts are explored each day including: paper mache, plasticine, 3-D sculptures & More!
Story Time & Role-Play
- An exciting story is read each day reflecting the day's theme.
- Roar like a lion, Hop like a kangaroo & Wiggle your hips like a crocodile - story-time is a whole new adventure when you're part of the action.
- Basic improvisational skills will encourage innovative thinking.
- Your child will have fun moving to music.
- Children learn about posture, body awareness & following basic cues.
- Your child will develop balance and coordination through fun games and activities including: Hot potato, Egg & spoon race, Freeze tag & More!
- Shelby Lynn is a vocal, piano, guitar and music therapy teacher at The Music Studio.
- She has 15 years of experience teaching children of all ages and abilities.
- Shelby is a Honours graduate of the Humber College music program.
- She is a songwriter and performer.
- Shelby enjoys helping children develop their creativity through inspiring programs.
- Emma Owttrim is a French Immersion student who is passionate about the arts.
- She takes piano and vocal lessons at The Music Studio.
- Emma also enjoys tap dancing and has taken many art classes.
- She loves spending time with young children and sharing her love of the arts with them.
- Emma has experience volunteering at a daycare.
- She hopes to be a great writer.
A Day at Camp
- Morning welcome & attendance.
- Warm-up activity & song.
- The word & theme for the day.
- Review of safety rules.
- Snack Time.
- Story Time & Role-Play.
- Music & Orff Instruments.
- Lunch Time.
- Outdoor activities & play.
- Song Time.
- Dance Time.
- Snack Time.
- Story Time.
- Finish Craft.
- The Assembly Hall - Kipling Ave. at Lake Shore Blvd. West.
- Modern arts centre located in a beautiful park setting.
- A City of Toronto cultural facility.
- Easy drop-off & pick-up.
- Site of The Music Studio's Recital.
Snack: The Music Studio provides a nutritious, nut-free snack each day. Snacks include:
fruit, raisins, crackers & apple juice.
Lunch: Children provide their own nut-free lunch & drink container.
To register for The Music Studio's 2016 Creative Arts Summer Camp, click here or call 416.234.9268.
Rock Band Summer Camps
Summer's a great time to rock at The Music Studio in one of our Rock Band Summer Camps for ages 8 years and up!
Camp A: July 11-15. Camp B: July 25-29. Camp C: August 15-19.
Time: Each camp runs from 12:30 - 4:30 pm daily.
The camps are designed for vocal, piano, guitar, bass & drum students eight years of age & up. All levels of students are welcome.
You will learn:
- Songs from notation, tablature & chord charts.
- Songs by ear.
- Songwriting skills.
- How to improvise.
- How to play with other musicians in a band.
- How to start playing songs & having fun right away.
- How to play a variety of styles including: rock, metal, blues, reggae & ska.
- How to prepare for a recording.
- Professional recording techniques & skills.
Make music and new friends this summer in an organized band format. Each week-long camp concludes with a professional recording of your band.
Each camp will be taught by Dave or Nick who are guitar teachers at The Music Studio.
Dave has played in many professional bands and written music for theatre productions. Nick is an accomplished performer & composer who is active on the toronto music scene.
The Music Studio
To register for The Music Studio's 2016 Rock Band Summer Camps, click here or call 416.234.9268.
Dance Creative Summer Camp
All levels of dancers benefit from this dynamic camp that combines dance with music in a way that allows students 7-16 years of age to explore their creativity.
When: July 21-25
- Students learn how to create and perform dance pieces at their own level while contributing to the group as a whole.
- The connection between dance and music is explored during the camp through body rhythms.
- Students learn about costume and set design.
- Fun, friendly and supportive environment.
- Instruction from a professional dance educator and guest artists.
Lisa Sandlos has over 20 years of experience teaching dance in schools and the National Ballet of Canada's Creating Dances program. She is also on the faculty of York University where she teaches modern dance. Lisa holds an MA in Dance and is a Certified Movement Analyst.
Rhythmic Rainbow Studio - 175 Birmingham Street - 3 blocks west of Islington, 1 block north of Lake Shore Boulevard in Etobicoke.
To register for The Music Studio's 2016 Dance Creative Summer Camp, click here or call 416.234.9268.